Friday, April 01, 2005

MARCH UPDATE

Gaurav Wadhwani

I returned home last night after a short trip to Bombay in which I had surgery for a longstanding knee injury (see article below if you're interested!). Thankfully the surgery went well, and my trip to Bombay was enjoyable and relaxing. I was fortunate enough to meet much of the family. Various chachas and chachis were at hand to help, including Crescent stalwarts Nari, Nirmla, Roshan, Kishore and Rekha. I also met Jawahar who came over briefly to get a piece of the Crescent action he has been missing so sorely. Sanjeev and Junelia's smiling faces eased the pain, whilst I am most grateful to my father Harish for his unwavering support. Thanks Dad!

The Wadhwani Lair (Crescent 1st floor) was undergoing something of an overhaul during my stay - not only was our flat in the midst of refurbishment, but so was Nari's and Kishore's. It seems that Wadhwanis are finally keen to embrace modernity in the ancient, delapidated surroundings of Crescent.

Unfortunately the family was the recipient of some sad news this week. Prakash Wadhwani, beloved father of Shaan, Neil and Jay and brother to Kiku (Surendra) and Kavita, passed away following a heart attack. My own encounters with Prakash were fairly limited but I knew him to be a gregarious, fun-loving and infinitely warm individual who was very fond of us kids. The whole family was shocked and upset to hear of his death; our thoughts are with Prakash's wife and three sons, who are much-loved members of the Wadhwani clan. I personally feel very close to you guys and wish you all the best during this tough period. We are all there for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home